What are the AV2 website features and specifications?
• AV2 utilizes proven technology and is built using industry standard HTML, allowing it to be compatible with the majority of computing systems and browsers in operation for the last decade.
• AV2 will work on and is compatible with the following web browsers and computer operating systems: Mac OS X 10.1 or higher, Windows 2000 or higher with Adobe Flash version 8 or higher installed. Internet Explorer 6 or higher. Safari, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and other industry compliant browsers for Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Unix.
• AV2 will work on and is compatible with all brands and manufacturers of desktop computers, laptop computers, netbooks, tablets and interactive whiteboards that use the browsers and operating systems listed above.
• The website is hosted with a stable and scalable hosting provider that will handle large volumes of users.
• All videos are presented in flash at user-selected lower or higher quality levels and are optimized for speed and viewing in both small and full-screen modes.
• All videos are locked and unable to be downloaded or copied from the website.
• All downloadable content is saved in Adobe PDF format readable by any computer with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher.
• All web links on AV2 have been tested and verified as web safe with no viruses, malware or trojans. However, due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, AV2 by Weigl cannot be held responsible for any changes to this content.
• All web links are verified on AV2 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year by automated software processes for availability.
• The user interface allows multiple forms of input, such as keyboard, mouse or touch. All interface elements have been custom designed to support multiple input methods.
• The site does not require user registration or any use or capture of personal information to access the website and use its content.
What is proprietary in AV2?
• All video, content, images and design are proprietary and are owned and designed by Weigl Publishers or licensed suppliers.
• A custom, proprietary login verification system, using the existing printed books material and questions to the books provides additional learning opportunities for the student as well as providing security for the content.
• A custom, propriety user interface has been designed and tested through various user and focus groups to allow simple navigation and to tie print content with digital content. The interface has been designed to allow teachers to use the site on interactive whiteboards, computers, or any other computing device mentioned above.
• The user interface allows multiple forms of input such as keyboard, mouse or touch. All interface elements have been custom designed to support multiple input methods.
• Proprietary navigation and presentation concepts have been designed and integrated into the website to allow the user to access, view and use all information on the screen at one time without scrolling or accessing nested menus, tabs or buttons. These concepts simplify and enhance learning for students and ease presentation and teaching for the teacher.
• These proprietary concepts and design elements have been created to allow the student and teacher to concentrate on learning and using the content within AV2, instead of learning how to use the technology behind AV2.
What are the AV2 website hosting specifications?
• 100% Network uptime guarantee - zero-downtime network.
• Network only used for hosting, never shared with telecom services or cable TV services that would negatively affect the service.
• The only bandwidth used is high performance bandwidth, with multiple providers.
• To provide multiple redundancies in the flow of information to and from data centers, we partner with nine network providers.
• Every fiber carrier must enter data centers at separate points. This is to protect AV2 from complete service failures caused by an unlikely network cut.
• You get fast and reliable network connections because Proactive Network Management methodology monitors route efficiency and end-user performance, automatically improving the network's topology and configuration in real-time.
• Network is purposely underutilized, making it resilient to even the largest Internet routing issues.
• The network's configuration, co-developed with Cisco, guards against any single points of failure at the shared network level.
• Website is hosted and replicated to multiple data centers.
• Data centers in San Antonio TX, Dallas TX, Herndon VA, Ashburn VA, Chicago IL, London UK, Slough UK, Hong Kong for reliability and scalability.
• Servers can handle millions of transactions per second.
• Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to every data center.
• Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to data centers. No one else can enter the production area of the datacenter without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
• Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they're hired.
• Every data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
• Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
• Advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
• Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all data centers' power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
• UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
• If an extended utility power outage occurs, routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.